The CMC-100 passive balanced monitor controller is the indispensable tool for every music producer working with a pair of active powered studio monitors, which mostly have their volume controls inconveniently located at their back side. This forces the use of the master volume control in the DAW software for attenuation, which is a bad choice since it reduces the audio bit depth. It is much more suitable to keep the software masters at unity and attenuate the audio to the active monitors with a passive controller like the CMC-100. This way maximum audio resolution is maintained and the monitoring volume is attenuated with the confidence that the sonic integrity of the signal is not compromised. The CMC-100 does not contain active circuitry, buffers, transistors, batteries, or power supplies which could interfere with the signal quality. It is simply connected between the computer audio interface/soundcard master outputs and the active (powered) monitor speakers, and keeps the signal path purely passive while carrying the balanced inputs forward to the outputs – the guarantee for absolutely no sound deterioration. Additional Mini TRS (3.5mm) connections add flexibility to the setup, and the dedicated Mono and Mute switches permit advanced signal control. The practicability and affordability of this unit make it a must-have accessory in any computer recording environment!
- Compact desktop analog passive monitor volume controller
- 2-Channel simultaneous signal attenuation
- Large rotary volume attenuation control
- Mute button
- Mono button
- Completely transparent operation
- No power required
- 2 x Combo inputs (balanced and unbalanced)
- 2 x TRS outputs (balanced and unbalanced)
- 1 x Mini jack I/O (unbalanced)
- Signal path completely balanced
- Full metal case
- CE/ROHS compliant
- Dimensions: W141.0×D91.0×H70 mm
- Weight: 0.45kg
This product is passive and does not require compliance verification with the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC and the Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC.
- This product is manufactured in accordance with EG directive 2002/95/EG of the European Union on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS).
- This product does not contain more than 0.1% of weight of the SVHCs listed in annex XIV of the REACH regulation EC 1907/2006.
|Hill CMC100 (A) [UV-NPC] SC|
Order Code: 2014701
|Single cartons per master carton (PU): 8|
Single carton - Size: 140.000/190.000/100.000mm (0.00266cbm), Weight: 0.67kg
Master carton - Size: 400.000/300.000/225.000mm (0.027cbm), Weight: 5.36kg
*The MSRP indicates the manufacturer’s suggested net retail price, and is displayed in USD or another currency automatically converted from USD at the applicable daily exchange rate. The MSRP excludes any VAT (if applicable).
Hill Audio News
Join UsWe still look for qualified, stocking distributors on an exclusive basis for some territories. Explore this unique opportunity and contact us at sales [at] adelto [dot] com
New transformer option for ADAGIOThe ADAGIO line of wall speakers is now available with optional transformers for the 4” and 6” form factors.
Hill goes 100VHill’s Audio enters 100V amplification with 2 brand new models featuring the newly developed Hybervolt™ technology, due for early summer delivery: VMA1120 and VMA1240.