The RPD-2200 is dual dynamics processor which can operate as two independent single units or as linked units for stereo signal treatment. It covers all dynamic processing requirements in studio recording and live sound from compression over noise reduction to peak limiting and even offers specialty processing such as de-essing, contour filtering of low frequencies, dynamic enhancement to counteract high frequency loss, and a “warmth” function to add extra harmonic sonic content to the signal. To keep the use of the vast possibilities intuitive, some of the settings can be automated at the user’s choice, like the “auto-knee” function which offers program-adaptive compression to combine the advantages of hard and soft-knee compression, and the “auto-time” function which sets suitable attack- and release times automatically. For further clarity, all signal levels and gain reductions are visually displayed by precise LED meters. Being fully analog, the RPD-2200 works on an impressive 20dB headroom which sets it far apart from anything a digital dynamics processor could do. A side chain with switchable monitoring function completes the feature set of this truly versatile all-in-one dynamics “mastermind”.
- Dual dynamics processor with link switch for stereo operation
- Manual compressor setting for threshold (-40 | +20 dB), ratio (∞:1 | 1:1), attack (0.3 | 300 ms) and release (0.05 | 5 s)
- Switchable “Auto-Knee” program-adaptive compression circuitry
- Switchable “Auto-Time” setting of attack and release times
- De-Esser section with switchable voice gender (female: 6 kHz, male: 7.5 kHz) and variable level reduction (max. 15dB)
- Expander/gate section with interactive ratio, variable threshold (off to +10dB) and switchable release time (slow: 100 msec/1 dB, fast: 100 msec/100 dB)
- Automatic peak limiting section
- Switchable dynamic enhancer to compensate for high frequency loss by boosting content above 2.5kHz
- Switchable Warmth function for added harmonic content
- Switchable LowContour filter
- Side chain input with switchable monitor function
- Separate 12-segment LED meters for in/out levels and gain reduction
- Dedicated Threshold and De-Esser level displays
- Balanced inputs and outputs with ¼” TRS and XLR connectors
- Relay-based bypass function with failsafe mode
- All switches with LED status indicator
- Internal wide-voltage swing linear power supply for excellent audio dynamics
- Full metal case with detachable rack ears
- AC mains voltage selector switch 115/230V
- CE/ROHS compliant
- Signal/Noise ＞95dBu (unweighted 22Hz-22KHz)
- Crosstalk Damping ＞85dB
- THD ＜01%
- Frequency response 20Hz – 20 kHz
- AC supply 115/230V~ 50Hz-60Hz (20W)
- Dimension 483.0×44.5×162.0 mm WxHxD
- Weight 2.40 kg
- EU safety: EN 60065:2001 +A1
- EU EMC: EN55103-1:1997, EN55103-2: 1997
- US safety: UL60065
- US EMC: FCC Part 15
This product meets both the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC and the Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC.
- This product is manufactured in accordance with EG directive 2002/95/EG of the European Union on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS).
- This product does not contain more than 0.1% of weight of the SVHCs listed in annex XIV of the REACH regulation EC 1907/2006.
Hill RPD2200 (A) [115/230V-C14] SC
Order code: 2013401
Size single carton: 535x255x90mm (0.0123 cbm)
Weight single carton: 2.9 kg
Units per master carton: 4
Size master carton: 560x285x390mm (0.063 cbm)
Weight master carton: 12.5 kg
Hill Audio News
Join UsWe still look for qualified, stocking distributors on an exclusive basis for some territories. Explore this unique opportunity and contact us at sales [at] adelto [dot] com
New transformer option for ADAGIOThe ADAGIO line of wall speakers is now available with optional transformers for the 4” and 6” form factors.
Hill goes 100VHill’s Audio enters 100V amplification with 2 brand new models featuring the newly developed Hybervolt™ technology, due for early summer delivery: VMA1120 and VMA1240.